I. The progress test is on JUNE 29, Friday at 8:30 am.
1. As students enter the school, Information Teachers (Juvy, Mary and Suzie) provide the Permit Slip.
2. There are 5 areas: 1)Listening, 2)Reading and Vocabulary, 3)Grammar, 4)Speaking and 5)Writing and Structure. Students must take all areas according to their desired order.
3. As students finish taking up all the tests, their Permit Slip must be returned to the Information Teachers.
4. After all students are done; teachers post the Answer Keys on the bulletin board.
III. Progress Test Classroom Information, Teacher and Contents
1. Listening Test (40 items, Classroom 5) : The teachers are Jecil, Lei.
☞ Types of exam: Listening Comprehension, Fill in the blank, Multiple Choice
☞ References: Internet Source, Interaction 2, TOEFL & TOEIC Books
2. Reading and Vocabulary Test (50 items, Cubicle A) : The teachers are Che, Jeff, Jergen.
☞ Types of exam: contextual clues, analogy, matching type, and multiple choice.
☞ References: Vocabulary elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-inter., advance, all clear idioms in context, all clear advance, word smart.
3. Grammar Test (50 items, Cubicle B) : The teachers are Joan, Lia.
☞ Types of exam: Multiple Choice and Identifying Error
☞ References: Basic, Intermediate and Advance Grammar in Use, Longman TOEIC TEST, TOEFL Books
4. Speaking Test (50 items)
☞ Types of exam: Photo description. This type of exam is designed for student to explain what is in the photo. Word tenses will play an important role in how the student describes and explain the action involved. Words spoken must match the people, places, and objects involved.
Rooms for Speaking Test are divided by student’s level. Be guided accordingly:
LEVEL 101, 201~101, 201 / TEACHER FUJI, GIGI, OMAR
LEVEL 301~201, 301 / TEACHER HANNAH, PHIL, FERDIE
LEVEL 401~301, 401 / TEACHER SHELSA, ANN, PAMY
LEVEL 501~401, 501, 601~501, 601 / TEACHER NINO, REY, KAREN
5. Writing and Structure Test (30 items, Cubicle C) : The teachers are Lilet, Pol and Theresa.
☞ Types of exam: Paragraph Writing
☞ References: Weaving It Together Book for Paragraph Writing, Rubric Style of Evaluating
IV. Lunch, Speech Contest and Spelling Bee… etc.
1. Lunch is served at the dormitory right after the Progress Test is taken.
2. The transportation will then take the teachers and the students to the venue: SM Convention Center.
3. The main part of the program are the following: Spelling Bee Competition, Oral Reading Competition, and Pop song. It will be participated by the students in different levels.
4. Students who miss this Progress Test are subjected to a penalty which is removal of his/her all one on one classes.