I. The progress test is on March 28, Friday at 8:30 am.
1. As students enter the school, Information Teachers (Yen, Abby) will provide the Permit Slip.
2. After 9:30, there won’t be any Permit Slip to be distributed. Be sure to come early to be able to take the test.
3. There are 5 areas: 1)Listening, 2)Reading and Vocabulary, 3)Grammar, 4)Speaking and 5)Writing and Structure. N10-007 Students must take all the areas according to their desired order.
4. When all the students are done with all the tests, their Permit Slip must be returned to the Information Teachers.
5. After, the teachers will post the Answer Keys on the bulletin board.
III. Classroom, Teacher and Contents
1.Listening Test (40 items, Classroom 5, 6)
The teachers are Jecil, Phil, Anne, Nonie
☞ Types of exam: Listening Comprehension, Fill in the blank, Multiple Choice, Dictation
☞ References: Internet Source, IELTS, TOEFL & TOEIC Books
2.Reading and Vocabulary Test (50 items, Cubicle A)
The teachers are Che, Yam, Aubrey, Tyra.
☞ Types of exam: Contextual Clues, Matching Type, Multiple Choice, and Idiomatic Expressions. ACMP_6.4
☞ References: Textbooks used in classes, Word smart, Internet source, and TOEFL Vocabulary Books
3.Grammar Test (50 items, Cubicle B)
The teachers are Joan, Lia, Gemma, Pcai
☞ Types of exam: Multiple Choice and Identifying Error
☞ References: Basic, Intermediate, and Advance Grammar, TOEIC and TOEFL Preparation Series
4.Speaking Test (50 items)
☞ Types of exam: Topic Discussion, Article Discussion
5.Writing and Structure Test (30 items, Cubicle C)
The teachers are Lilet, Tine, Alma, Pol.
☞ Types of exam: Paragraph Writing
☞ References: First Steps in Academic Writing, Ready to Write, Get Ready to Write, Effective Academic Writing 1 & 2
1.Students who miss (or do not take) this Progress Test are subject to a penalty which is removal of his/her all one on one classes.
2.The Progress Test Exam will strictly start at 8:30 and end at 11:50.
3.Students will have their lunch in the dormitory after the Progress test.
4.There will be WORD POWER in the afternoon from 2:00-4:30.