필리핀 세부의 필인터 어학원입니다.
오늘은 영어공부 팁을 가져왔답니다.
헷갈리는 단어 완벽하게 정복하기.
PEACE vs PIECE
하나는 평화! 하나는 조각! 이라는 뜻이죠..
가장 쉽게 외우는 방법!
PIECE에는 파이(pie)가 있죠?
요렇게 외우시면 PEACE까지 절대 헷갈릴 일이 없답니다!
사전적인 의미와 예문으로 복습한번 하시고 가실께요~
한번 훑어보시면서 쭉 해석해보세요~~
- a thing considered as a unit or an element of a larger thing, quantity, or class; a portion
- a portion or part that has been separated from a whole
- an object that is one member of a group or class
- an artistic, musical, or literary work or composition
- an instance; a specimen
- what one has to say about something; an opinion
- a coin
- The cheese was cut into small PIECES and arranged on a silver platter.
- You have a PIECE of lettuce stuck between your teeth.
- Her broken bicycle lay inPIECES by the side of the road.
- There are 12 PIECES in this stainless steel knife set.
- We’re missing one PIECE of the puzzle.
- the absence of war or other hostilities
- an agreement or a treaty to end hostilities
- freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious relations
- public security and order
- inner contentment; serenity
- After many years of war, people on both sides were longing for PEACE.
- PEACE and order were finally restored in the town.
- After years of therapy, he has finally achieved an inner PEACE.
- Insurance can provide you with PEACE of mind.
- The problem was settled and his mind was at PEACE.
확실하게 정리가 되었길 바라며
모든 영어가 헷갈리지 않는 그날까지 필인터는 영어팁을 가지고 오도록 하겠습니다~~!