필리핀 세부 필인터 어학원 입니다.
오늘도 어김없이 찿아온 영어 공부의 시간!!
쉼없이 시작해 봅시다~~*
LOATH VS. LOATHE
LOATH : [형용사] ~ to do sth (격식) ~하기를 꺼리는
-unwilling to do something contrary to one’s ways of thinking
- He was LOATH to admit that he was included in the deal.
- I am LOATH to spend time with my co-workers outside work.
- The teacher was LOATH to let the students turn in papers late, but he made an exception for the girl who had missed class due to illness.
- Karen was LOATH to leave.
- I was LOATH to accept his claim of having climbed Mount Everest.
LOATHE : [동사](진행형으로는 쓰이지 않음)혐오하다
[형용사]~ to do sth(격식)~하기를 꺼리는
-to dislike greatly
-to hate (someone or something) very much
- I LOATHE Mark because of his attitude.
- When you LOATHE school so much, it is difficult to take homework seriously.
- The two men LOATHE each other.
- I LOATHE the sound of a barking dog, especially when I’m trying to sleep!
- He LOATHES being corrected.
여러분 모두 헷갈리는 단어 없는날까지 , 화이팅!